July 04, 2011

isms n' ieps

Okay, "ism's" first.  Honestly, she's such a funny and creative kid that the ism's are coming fast 'n furious.  (Poetic license on the grammar)  :-)   Here are a few that come to mind, probably because I've retold 'em the most:

Her:  Mom, I want help with my shoes!  Me:  I'm getting ready, too.  Maybe your pretend friend can help you (yes, she has a 'pretend friend').  Her:  My pretend friend is away until Friday.  (Then later that afternoon...)  Me:  Monkey, did you (blah, blah...whatever naughty thing it was)?  Her:  No.  My pretend friend did it.  Me:  I thought she's away until Friday?  Her:  She surprised me!

With school on break, I brought her with me to show a client a studio apartment.  We all walk in together.  Her:  Wow, it's beautiful!  (she looks around, confused)  But there's no place to go.

She has a great vocabulary, but sometimes has delays on word retrieval.  She was bothered that a certain grown-up friend would sometimes mimic her getting "stuck" and saying "uh, uh, uh..." while thinking of a word.  I told her I'm sure he doesn't mean to make her feel bad, and if she tells him it hurts her feelings he won't do it again.  "But what if I try to tell him and I say 'uh, uh, uh'....?"

Taking a scene from the Backyardigans, she'll sometimes stand on a street corner, grin, and at the top of her lungs yell "Silence!!!!"  Then she looks around and giggles.

Then, of course, waiting for me to buy tix at the kiosk for Cars 2 today, she used a little toy to get another little girl's attention.  Long story short, she's got a new best friend and I've got a whole family's cell numbers.

Anyhoo, IEP's.  Y'know what?  Blagh.  Long ridiculous story.  Bizarrely f*cked up, baffling...got a request filed for an impartial hearing to get Monkey the right services for kindergarten.  We'll let it go at that, to be continued.





11 comments:

Kris said...

OMG, she is truly the best!! She cracks me up--I cannot wait to see what the future holds for her.

I hear ya on the IEP's--uugghhhh, though, I have to say once we transitioned from our intermediate unit to the school district last month, it was a breeze, these people have their act together, everything was done accurately and on time. I hope you get some better results, I know how frustrating it can be!

hapi said...

Hi Susan, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!

peace said...

exceptional writing....keep it up.

buy essay uk said...

That article is so interesting and makes a very nice image in my mind. Thank you for sharing this info with us!

buy research papers said...

I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he enjoyed it as well!

kevin21 said...

88pascher.com sac a main louis vuitton sac burberry sac chanel chaussures puma chaussures nike tee shirts louis vuitton chanel femmes tee shirts sitemapproducts.xml sitemapproducts.xml sitemapproducts.xml sitemapproducts.xml

qifei2012 said...

If you're searching for your superior palm all over the world, you should appearance and buy Chanel clutches Sac Louis Vuitton 2012

Chanel 系列

Sac Chanel. You will be questioning what's so special about Chanel luggage, but once you purchase all these carriers, you can certainly determine the difference between Chanel carriers and various totes regular
Chaussure Louis Vuitton Hommes. Chanel totes are generally smooth, sleek household leather, soft silk cloth along with other products
Louis Vuitton Pas Cher. You will discover countless variations, sizing's, styles, and goods where you can buy the bags and accessories
Sac Chanel Pas Cher. This collections are amazing in addition to Chanel are generally involving persons coming from all sessions
Chaussure Louis Vuitton. Chanel motorola clutch handbag is a second item lately unveiled simply by Chanel.

Lili Li said...

Where can I download it?
Beats By Dre
Beats Monster By Dr Dre
Heart Beats By Dre
Beats By Dre
Wholesale Beats By Dre
Cheap Beats By Dre
Beats By Dre
Beats By Dre Solo
Wholesale Beats By Dre

Lili Li said...

I'd like very much to try it. Where can find it?
cheap Arizona Cardinals
discount Arizona Cardinals jerseys
Arizona Cardinals jerseys on Sale
Nike NFL jerseys
cheap Arizona Cardinals
cheap atlanta falcons jerseys
atlanta falcons football jerseys
Nike NFL jerseys

Lili Li said...

Yes, it has many humane and efficient tools.
Cheap NFL Jerseys
Nike NFL Jerseys
Wholesale NFL Jerseys

clyq li said...

Can you tell me how did you know about that? Thank you very much.
Nike NFL Jerseys
Wholesale NFL Jerseys
NFL Jerseys china